Tuesday, March 11, 2008

physiotherapy blog reaches Google top spot

Physiotherapy Blog has just reached top on Google. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Doing a blog about just physiotherapy becomes difficult after a while because I started out thinking that I would be able to write heaps but some of the time I can't be bothered with it and at times I think about closing the blog down. This is why quite some time ago i diversified away from what seemed like endless ranting about the shortcomings of physiotherapy in the UK. But today is different. I think that when I first started the blog it first appeared on Google as a "Googlewack" a one hit listing but now it has the dubious glory of outranking some of the more established so called blogs. I'm thinking about adding a hit counter (not sure if Google will allow it) as i know from checking sources outside Google that people do read Physiotherapy Blog, although I'd like to know how many.

As I'm feeling dizzy headed with the honor of all this I'd like to reflect , as i have done before, on some of these other so called blogs.Quite frankly some of them are not worth reading. There's one class which is just a type of free commercial for physiotherapy clinics. They don't contain any thoughts about anything and exist to persuade you to use their clinic or service. There are some which seem to be on a mission to tell the world about physiotherapy treatments and conditions. Just a few out there are a blog in the original sense of the word. But let's get real. There's no grand set of rules which say what you can or cannot put into a so called blog. All I hope is that more physical therapists will start doing blogs not because they have a mission or commercial interest but because they enjoy writing.

No comments: