Thursday, March 13, 2008

physiotherapy blog on top?

Physiotherapy Blog was in the top slot on Google under "physiotherapy blog" earlier this week and i was mildly pleased by this but i've learnt something about how this whole blogging game works. Things do not stand still and today Physiotherapy Blog is ranked number 2. I think there's a 3 to 4 week time lapse because this has been pushed out of the top space by a blog written in February telling everyone of its own closure. I'm still looking around for interesting physiotherapy blogs but not having much success. However critics of this blog will say it's not a physiotherapy blog and i would wholeheartedly agree with them because i want to do something bigger than just writing about the best ways to treat sciatica, what to do for shin splints etc etc. Any physiotherapist working in the UK and member of the CSP should not have any need for the clinical type of blog because there is iCSP, one of the best physiotherapy sources on the intenet if you're registered.

I'm not certain where Physiotherapy Blog is heading because unlike what i see in some general blogs, I don't want to sit down every day in front of the screen putting my thoughts down so eveyone in the world can read them. I'm interested in creating writing, interestedin evidence based practice and even after rather a lot of early ranting in this blog, I still get mad about the self deception displayed by some members of the profession when it comes to the effectiveness of their interventions.

So here's a few ideas of what I want to do in the next few months. I'd like to do some better cartoons and will take off the one about Appendix (I know it's not good but I wanted to see the resolution of the graphics ). I'd like to create links to other sites totally irrelevant to physiotherapy (possibly shopping sites). I somethimes think about promoting the blog; I know that is not the original idea with blogs but who is to say that the rules cannot be re-witten? the final most anarchic idea is to get rid of the blog and to spend the time doing something more useful instead. Unfortunately this option is the least likely because now I've see it on Google it's a bit of a competition to make sure i keep producing content to keep it there.

No comments: