Sunday, November 11, 2007

what no blogs?

I thought I ought to write another entry to the blog, but I can't say I'm particulary impressed with this whole blogging thing. I started with loads of enthusiasm in March of this year but now can't see the point of it all. I've got too many real world things to do than to sit at the computer every day thinking up bright ideas. The big project I have on the go at the moment is writing a book on bike rides , and it is time consuming trying testing out the rides. I've done 13 out of the 15 but I'm having to do them all twice. After having tried them out I am going back to masure distances. With hindsight I should have used an odometer /mileometer at the start of this project so by now I would have been well into the writing stage.

I suppose I feel some apathy towards ranting about healthcare in the UK, and over the last 6 months have come to the conclusion that blogging, at least here, is not going to change very many things. I'm not sure if most bloggers are students with heaps of time on their hands. So there's not a lot to say about physiotherapy in the UK. Perhaps we should re-visit Agenda for Change (AfC). In case any of you UK physiotherapits did not realise next month sees us all working an extra hour per week. Some physios seem to have been conned and have been forced into working an extra half day per month as a result of their employer adding all the extra time up and saying they have to do it in one go. Those with longer memories will go back to the AfC agreement and remember hours change by an extra hour PER WEEK. The problem with AfC changing our terms of employment is that now the enthusiasm and controversy over the regrading has gone the effect of the time increase is to all but negate any pay increases we had 2 years ago. Let's hope that next year's annual pay award is better than this year's, especially for English phyios who have yet to receive the original award from April.

No comments: