Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Is physiotherapy blog too cynical?

I wonder if this blog is too cynical when I look at some of the other offerings out there. I set this blog up in response to the lack of blogs physical therapy blogs and the few "physiotherapy" blogs out there seem to be written by people still in love with the profession and its ideas. I can see a lot more of the shortcomings in physiotherapy than they can. Some physiotherapy material seems to be an extension of the treatment room with therapists offereing advice about exercises and treatment. I heard the other day about a site (and i don't know the name) which sounds a con. For a certain amount of money it is supposed to be possible to enter a health problem and the online clinician will give professional advice and a diagnosis. Guess they must be heaps better then me to be able to give out advice to unseen individuals with vague problems and then charge them for it! It stikes me as a bit of a risk because there is no regulation of the internet and anyone can set up a website in a country which does not have any regulations of physical therapy and then take whatever money they want for dealing out any old trash for advice. The internet is cool for finding large amounts of info but poor for ensuring the quality of the info. It's all down to the individual to be careful.

No comments: